Frequently asked questions - M.S. in ESS
1) When does your program officially start?
The M.S. in Earth System Science (ESS) officially starts in August 2012
2) How can I apply? And what are the basic steps?
Follow the link to Apply Now. The following are needed
a) Fill out application for graduate school
b) Fill out a one page department application form
c) Make sure that you take your GRE
d) Ask 3 people to send recommendation letters to email@example.com
3) What are deadlines for application?
See Graduate Studies for dates & deadlines.
For Fall semester start, apply on or before March 15 to be considered for a Graduate Research Assistantship.
For Spring semester start, apply on or before September 15 to be considered for a Graduate Research Assistantship.
4) Are graduate research assistantships available?
Graduate research assistantships (GRA) are provided to qualified students and are awarded on a competitive basis. Once you apply your package will be evaluated by the faculty.
5) Are there separate forms for Graduate research assistantship?
No separate application is required to be considered for a GRA.
6) Can I visit the department to learn more about the program?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
7) What background is necessary for applying to the program?
Students who have a background in Earth, Environmental or Atmospheric Sciences usually apply. Students who have a background in GIS/Remote Sensing, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will find the program suitable.